The Greatest Love

Posted on January 14, 2014

I never knew what love was until I encountered Jesus. I’m sure that sounds very Christian, but it’s true. Before Jesus, I thought I had it all figured out. I thought it was butterflies, kisses, roses and date nights. I thought love was that thing that kept you up at night dreaming, hoping and wondering about tomorrow. And it is. But that kind of love is merely a microcosm of the greatest Love.

In the presence of God’s spirit I’ve found the deepest measure of grace. Despite His blessings I am enthralled by His mercy, which greets me with every sunrise. I am enamored by His affection for me and for you.

I’ve had my share of suitors. They made my heart skip beats. I’ve done the sweaty palms and written the love letters. Yes, I’ve tasted the sweetness of romance. And I know, unequivocally, there is no love like His.

Click play. Let the song do what my words can’t.

“I have loved you with an everlasting love.” -God

Now it’s your turn: How did God win your heart?

Tell me in the comments section below.

6 Replies to "The Greatest Love"

• Rene Natasha
    January 14, 2014 (10:41 am)

Great post. God wins my heart everyday when he forgives me and allows me to start the day off with a clean slate.He wins my heart when because he has shown me true the image of a true comforter and selflessness and the ability to forgive. God love is beyond gentle, beyond romantic and everyday his compassion reminds me.

• Shakirah Adianna
      January 14, 2014 (12:03 pm)

Hi Rene,

Thank you for reading and commenting. I really like what you said here, “God’s love is beyond gentle, beyond romantic…” amen!

• SM.
    January 14, 2014 (11:42 am)

His mercy, grace, forgiveness and intention wins my heart every single time I reflect on it. To know that He loves me so much that He’s willing to give me peace in my anxiousness; to forgive me in my sin; to bless me despite me; to keep me from harm, regardless of what I deserve — that warms my heart, makes me giggle and gives me security in Him. He’s awesome…and it’s truth!

• Shakirah Adianna
      January 14, 2014 (12:05 pm)

Hi SM!

I’m often amazed and dumbfounded by God’s love. To think he would do all of this for us.

It’s heart warming.

• Nichola
    January 19, 2014 (9:38 pm)

This is a challenge I face everyday. God’s love. It’s all consuming and yet so hard for me to understand and believe sometimes. The goal is to not “figure it out” but to merely, enjoy the ride and his love for me.

I’ve still got a ways to go. Thanks for sharing <3

• Shakirah Adianna
      January 19, 2014 (10:13 pm)

Hi Nicola!

Thank you for reading and commenting. Oh, I completely understand what you mean. I find myself there–wondering how God could be so loving towards someone like me. You’re so right. Our job isn’t to try and figure out, but simply receive His love.

We all have a ways to go. Thankfully we have eternity to enjoy the ride.