It starts with a story.
After all, stories are what join us together. Stories give us a collective vision; renewed hope.
As a writer, I’ve always believed in the importance of connecting with audiences through storytelling. Having both a degree in English and literature as well as a Masters degree in public relations and corporate communications I have learned the importance of crafting the right message for the right audience.
I also know how important it is to share our stories.It is through storytelling that we are able to find common strength and understanding. Using personal anecdotes, I would love to engage and encourage your group to discover their narrative.
I’m no stranger to speaking in front of large audiences. I feel especially comfortable speaking to women and young adults.
People are my passion. Storytelling is my medium.
I started my career in public relations and marketing first working for a number of non-profit organizations, then entering the agency world. As a marketer, I helped organizations and businesses such as Nike, UK and The Case Foundation tell their brand story. Now, as a writer and speaker, I use my story of restoration and redemption to help others overcome loss, brokenness, abandonment, insecurity and shame.
In my spare time, I serve as a small group leader in my church where I disciple women of all ages as they discover what it means to have a personal relationship with Christ. I also lead a series of workshops through women’s support groups in the Washington, D.C. area. Additionally, I teach reading and literacy to young children in D.C.’s underserved communities.
As I continue to draw closer to God, I desire nothing more than to help others experience freedom in Christ.
What You Can Expect
If you book me to speak at your event you can expect a high level of professionalism as well as:
- Prompt communication prior to the speaking engagement
- Pre-event consultation to discuss expectations
- Cross-promotion of your event through my personal blog and social media channels
- Humor, personal anecdotes and authenticity
- Post event follow up
I’m happy to speak on a variety of topics, but here are some of my favorites:
- Overcoming Brokenness (discovering God’s redemption and restoration)
- Learning How to Forgive
- Personal Spirituality
- Vision workshops (Businesses and organizations)
Past Speaking Clients
- Creative Mornings DC, November 2016
- Sharon Bible Fellowship Church Women’s Revival Keynote, Sept 2016
- Dare to Do Conference Leadership Panel, July 2016
- Ladies America Women Lead Conference Keynote, June 2015
- Girl Scouts of America Leadership Conference Keynote, May 2015
- Public Relations Society of America New Media Conference Keynote, March 2014
If you would like to book me to speak at your next event, please fill out the contact form below. I’ll be sure to get back to you promptly.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.